We work with hundreds of schools throughout Scotland each year to encourage pupils to be more active, enabling thousands of children to travel actively and safely.
This page offers resources for teachers and parents on everything from finding a safe route to your school to promoting active travel in your community.
If there is something you would like to find out more about, which isn’t in the list below, please contact our school travel team who will be able to help you.
- Sustrans' Big Shift is a free-to-access online challenge to motivate the school community to travel more actively.
The Big Street Survey is an exciting curriculum resource enabling pupils to investigate the area around their school and create a manifesto on how to make their streets safer and greener
Active Travel to School Guide: Step-by-step 6-week guide to increase walking, cycling and scooting on the school journey
Sustrans' Superheros: An individual award scheme recognising pupils' skills and achievements in walking, scooting and cycling
- Moving Up: A guide for those working with 11- to 18-year-olds
- Suss It Out activity sheets: Five themed sheets with 10, 20 and 30-minute simple, snappy activities to inspire active travel
- Our Safe Routes to School newsletter highlights some of the key projects undertaken by the School Travel team over the past six months. It also promotes active travel activities undertaken by Local Authorities accross Scotland. Read the latest newsletter
- Promoting Active Travel: The benefits of active travel.