Your travel planning journey starts here!
The Travel Planning Toolkit is designed to encourage organisations to take a fresh look at the way their staff travel to work and to assist with the development and implementation of a successful Travel Plan.
A Travel Plan let’s people know all the ways in which they can get to a site in a sustainable way, such as walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing. By encouraging sustainable travel, effective Travel Plans can:
- Reduce costs relating to business travel
- Improve staff retention and local recruitment
- Encourage a healthier, more productive workplace
- Consider travel options for staff with mobility problems or disabilities
- Demonstrate enhanced commitment to corporate social responsibility
- Reduce congestion and car parking pressure
- Aid the development of smarter working (remote working and teleconferencing)
- Contribute to meeting environmental targets such as carbon reduction