As a volunteer litter pick organiser, you will run events to collect litter on Scotland's traffic-free National Cycle Network routes in your area.
You'll welcome members of the public to these litter picks and liaise with the local authority to arrange for the rubbish to be collected.
And you'll receive all the equipment, training, and staff support you need directly from Sustrans.
Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Whether you enjoy being outdoors, are looking to meet new people or would like to look after walking the cycling routes in your community this role will provide you with these opportunities.
What does a volunteer litter pick organiser do?
As a litter pick organiser, you will be encouraged to:
- identify litter hotspots in your area and plan regular (weekly or monthly) activities to tackle them
- advertise your litter pick locally and engage members of the local community to help
- welcome members of the public to join in
- keep a record of participants and report your volunteering hours online.
We're looking for individuals who are:
- self-motivated to carry out tasks independently once directed
- committed to sustainable travel.
Flexible - from a few hours a month.
Training and support offered
- You'll receive training on how to run these activities safely and we'll provide regular information about the Network.
- Equipment and staff support is provided.
- Out-of-pocket expenses will be agreed and paid.
- You'll be invited to networking days to meet staff members and fellow volunteers.
- You will receive regular communications to support you in your role.
You can also join our online community to find support from other volunteers.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: