Borrow a Cargo Bike for free in Edinburgh
We have a range of electric cargo bikes to make it easier for your business to move goods and equipment through Edinburgh. Cargo bikes are a great way to reduce emissions while saving you time and money - and getting your business noticed!
The electric cargo bikes can carry loads up to 130kg and have been specifically chosen for Edinburgh’s winding and sometimes steep streets. The electric-assist makes it easier to move your goods around and up hills. They also have wide tyres which allow for a smoother ride around tram tracks and cobbles.
Who is the Cargo Bike Library for?
Any small business, community organisation or charity in Edinburgh can borrow a bike from us. You do not need to be a seasoned cyclist to use a cargo bike. We provide training to help you feel confident and comfortable with handling and manoeuvring the cargo bikes in traffic.
What does the Cargo Bike Library offer?
- Information and advice about logistical advantages and types of cargo bikes
- Free training in the use of cargo bikes for your workforce
- Free trials of different types of cargo bikes so you can find one that meets your business needs
- Flexible borrowing periods to suit your organisation
- The option to temporarily brand the bikes with your logo and get noticed