Bike to School Week is an opportunity to celebrate all the fantastic things schools are doing throughout the UK to encourage cycling.
How it works
Bike to School Week can be a great way to kickstart active travel at your school and encourage a healthy school run for all students. To help you get involved, we have created a resource pack with five fun activity ideas for schools to run across the week.
“ I feel so grateful for the session today which has resulted in my little girl playing outside on her bike tonight and riding with confidence, stabiliser-free. ”
The Bike to School Week resources pack
To help you, we have produced a teacher’s resources pack, with activities designed to be delivered over five days.
Ideal for making any week a Walk, Scoot or Bike to School Week, they can be delivered to a wide range of ages by tailoring the level of detail and vocabulary used.
- for schools in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (PDF)
- for schools in Scotland (PDF)
- for schools in Wales, bilingual (PDF)
The resources include daily activities selected to take your pupils on a journey, exploring the benefits of travelling by foot, bike or scooter, understanding how they can make a change and ultimately be inspired to take practical actions.
Free posters to promote your Bike to School Week, e-banners for your website and emails.
- Six Bike to School Week posters (English) or Welsh bilingual (PDF)
- Email and web banners in English or Welsh Bilingual (JPEG)
- Twitter image in English or Welsh Bilingual (JPEG)
- Facebook image in English or Welsh Bilingual (JPEG)
Don't forget to link the e-banners back to this page.