Tell us why you and the kids love to or would like to cycle to school with videos, photos and messages during Bike to School Week, and be in with a chance of winning an exciting prize.
Three young boys ride to school. ©2018, Matt Short
Get creative, share your story and have fun this Bike to School Week.
And better yet, when you share your video or photos with us, you could win a brand new Kids bike from Halfords.
How to enter
It's really easy to enter. All you need to do is:
- During Bike to School Week, share a short video or a photo with a message telling us why you and the kids love to or would like to cycle to school
- Follow and tag @Sustrans on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Share your entry with #SustransWin.
The competition closes at 9am on Monday 5 October 2020.
Full terms and conditions can be found further down this page.
Terms and conditions
- Sustrans is the promoter of this competition.
Registered office: 2 Cathedral Square, College Green, Bristol BS1 5DD.
Sustrans is a registered charity no. 326550 (England and Wales) SC039263 (Scotland).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Multiple entries per person will be accepted. Participants can share as many photos or videos as they would like during the competition, and each photo or video will be classed as a single entry.
- The competition is open to families, parents and guardians cycling to school during Bike to School Week 28 September – 2 October 2020.
- To enter the competition participants must upload a short video or photo to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram during the week. In the video or within the caption of the photo, participants can tell us why they as a family, or their kids love to or would like to cycle to school. Participants must follow and tag @Sustrans on the platform they upload their video or photo(s) to. The hashtag #SustransWin must also be used when posting their photo to enter the competition.
- If submitting via Instagram, please ensure that your profile is made public during the competition. Sustrans will be unable to view your entry if your profile is private.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- The prize winner will be selected by the promoter who will judge their favourite entry to be the winner. All such decisions will be final and binding.
- The competition closes at 9am on Monday the 5th of October 2020.
- The winner will be selected, contacted and announced on Wednesday 7th of October 2020. Sustrans will private message the winning participant on the platform that the winning entry was submitted to. Once the winner has confirmed they wish to receive the prize we will pass their details on to the prize sponsor to arrange collection/delivery.
- One prize is available: One Halfords kids bike from either the Apollo range or the Carrera range. The prize can be selected by the winner. However, The Carrera bike range starts from 6+, therefore if the prize winners child is under 6 they will need to choose a bike from the Apollo range.
- Sustrans will ask the winner for a contact phone number which will be given to Halfords with the sole purpose of contacting the winner to inform them on how to collect their prize. Delivery may be available only where the winner does not live within a reasonable distance of a local Halfords.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered, even in the case of cancellation.
- The prize is not transferable. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the prize sponsor or promoter reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
- The prize should be claimed by the winner by Wednesday 14th of October 2020. After this date, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize altogether or pick a replacement winner.
- Collection/delivery of the prize is arranged directly between the prize sponsor and the winner. Sustrans accepts no responsibility for the delivery of the relevant prize or the winner’s satisfaction with the product(s). Please contact the prize sponsor in these instances.
- If a prize winner decides not to accept the prize, they must notify Sustrans of such decision in writing and will, with effect from the date of such notice, forfeit any and all claim to the prize. No alternative prize will be awarded. Sustrans reserves the right to deal with the prize declined in such manner as it sees fit.
- We are committed to protecting your personal data. For information on how we do this, see our privacy notice. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will only be used to administer the prize.
- Employees of Sustrans and their family members or anyone professionally connected with the competition will not be permitted to enter.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any event outside the promoter’s control.