Do you belong to a community group near the National Cycle Network? Would you like to improve or enhance the spaces along your local path, or help your local wildlife? If you do, you could secure equipment, training, and expert advice with a Love Your Network grant.
Volunteers from the Ayrshire Coastal Path group were supported with litter picking equipment to improve National Cycle Network Route 73. Credit: John Linton
The Love Your Network grant is now open for new applications. The 2023/24 funding round will close at 23:59 on 5 February 2024.
The Love Your Network grant is supported by funding from the Scottish Government and delivered by Sustrans Scotland.
It supports community groups in improving their local, traffic-free section of the National Cycle Network by providing equipment, training and advice.
With a Love Your Network grant, your group could get:
- Equipment for litter picking – to transform the safety and attractiveness of your local path
- Tools for maintenance and wildlife management tasks – from shovels and brushes to clear debris, to scythes and seeds for creating and maintaining a wildflower meadow
- Workshops in wildlife identification and recording – so you can find out more about the birds, bees, butterflies, and other wildlife in your area.
Why should I apply for a Love Your Network grant?
By caring for these spaces and the wildlife who call them home, your community group can make journeys on the National Cycle Network more attractive and enjoyable for everyone.
You will be encouraging many more people to choose walking and cycling for their everyday journeys.
You'll also improve their physical and mental health, as well as improving the environment and local community.
Group of women tree planting in field. Credit: SolStock
Who can apply?
Love Your Network grants are available to:
- Community groups
- Registered charities
- Social enterprises
The grant supports community groups helping to improve traffic-free sections of the National Cycle Network.
Eligible sections are shown using a solid orange line on the National Cycle Network map.
When can applications be made?
Applications can be made from 09:00 on 1 May 2023, until 23:59 on 5 February 2024.
We reserve the right to extend this date. Changes will be published on this page.
What support can I apply for through Love Your Network in Scotland?
Groups can submit applications to receive equipment and training.
The Love Your Network grant has pre-made bundles which include:
- Equipment for litter picking
- Tools for maintenance and wildlife management tasks
- Workshops in wildlife identification and recording
Community groups also have the option to build their own application, if they need items or training not featured within a bundle.
For example, your group could request a bike trailer, hi-vis vests, or battery-powered tools.
Volunteer taking part in Bird ID session along the National Cycle Network. Credit: Laura White
How do I apply?
- Download and read the Love Your Network grant guidelines before applying.
- Start your online application.
If you have any questions about the Love Your Network grant or the application process, please email Laura Preston.