Colin Neill, CEO Hospitality Ulster, Pamela Grove-White from Sustrans and Robert Bell, owner of S.D. Bells cafe in east Belfast launching Pedal Perks cycling loyalty scheme.
Cyclists simply arrive by bike at cafés and retailers near the Comber Greenway who display the Pedal Perks logo and ask what the reward is. For example, it could be a discount or an extra stamp on a loyalty card.
This is part of the CHIPS Project funded by Interreg North-West Europe. Sustrans is keen to expand Pedal Perks beyond East Belfast and is calling on all business owners to join the scheme. Contact us if you want to find out more.
Cafes and retailers currently signed up are:
- Belfast Books, York Road - 15% off used books
- Boat Club Belfast - 10% off food and drink from the 1876 Deli at the Boat Club for cyclists
- Brewed Belfast, Queens Street, Belfast - £2 for tea/coffee and donut all day
- Café Nosh, Dundonald – Coffee or tea and a scone or tray bake for £2.95.
- Café Smart, Belmont Road - extra stamp on food loyalty card and separate tea/coffee loyalty card
- Coffee Nook, Castlereagh Road - 10% off for cyclists
- Cream Café Bistro, Dundonald - 10% off food served from their kitchen
- Castle Espie Wetland Centre, near Comber - 20% discount on café purchases
- Earlswood Pharmacy, Ballyhackamore - go in store to find out what this month's offer is for cyclists
- Hillmount Nursery - free filter coffee/tea and traybake on Saturday and Sunday until end of September
- Indie Fude, Comber - 10% off cut cheeses
- Jack Straw’s The Board Game Café, Stormont - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks
- Jack Café, CS Lewis Square - 10% off
- Nature’s Way, Ballyhackamore - loyalty card with 10 stamps especially for Pedal Perks, a full card gets 10% off bill
- NI Assembly Gift Shop - Complimentary scone and butter with every hot or cold beverage purchased. Offer available Mon to Fri only
- Oliver's Coffee Bar and Oliver's Deli, Belmont Road and Oliver's Coffee Bar, Lisburn Road - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks
- Orchard Café, Holywood Arches - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks
- Paper cup, Titanic Quarter - 10% off bill
- Peppercorn Bistro, Comber - loyalty card, after 5 stamps choice of free tea/coffee or scone/traybake
- Piccola Parma, Woodstock Road - after 5 stamps on loyalty card get a free item (ask inside)
- Pot Kettle Black (now Freight - check if discount still applicable), CS Lewis Square - 10% off the food bill and 20% off coffee
- Refresh Cafe, East Belfast Mission, Newtownards Road - Tea or coffee and a scone for £2
- Sandown Pharmacy, Ballyhackamore - see in store for this month's offer.
- S.D. Bell's, Knock - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks
- Secret Garden Restaurant, Dundonald - 10% off the bill for cyclists
- Stokers Halt Ballyhackamore and Holywood - 10% off food bill
- Sugarcane Café Bistro, Comber - 10% off the bill for cyclists
- The Lamppost Café, Upper Newtownards Road - extra stamp on hot drinks loyalty cards
- The Tea Room at Ballylagan Organic Farm, Straid, Co. Antrim - 10% discount on tea room bills
- Ulster Hospital Dundonald, Downpatrick Hospital and Lagan Valley Hospital Lisburn – various cafés – offering a free coffee or tea to cyclists, take a photo of yourself and bike at the hospital and how to get your drink
- Binky's, East Point Entertainment Village, Dundonald - £4.50 for tea/coffee and a scone of your choice
- RSPBNI Window on Wildlife, Airport Rd West, Belfast - Complimentary tea, coffee or hot chocolate and a biscuit, with every entrance ticket purchased
Atlantic Way Portrush - A cosy two bedroomed AirBnB terrace house with an enclosed yard and covered area for bikes. Arrive by bike, by train and bike or by bus and bike and get 10% discount on your stay or 3 nights for the price of 2. T&Cs apply.
Share your experience with us
If you are a business that wants to join the scheme please contact CHIPS Engagement Officer Martha.