Show us the fabulous everyday adventures you’re having on the National Cycle Network by entering our UK-wide photography competition. You could be in with the chance of winning some great prizes.
From 21 May to 30 September we’re inviting amateur photographers of all ages to show and tell us about the great things they’re getting up to on the Network across the UK.
Whether it’s a day out with family or friends, an afternoon spent exploring nature, a trip along one of our many art trails or a ride along a dramatic coastal route, we want to see the great activities you’re getting up to. Please see the bottom of this page for details of how to enter.
To cover the full range of what an adventure on the Network can mean, there are four categories that can be entered:
Whether it’s an afternoon spent teaching the kids to ride or an excursion to the best picnic spots with friends, the Network has been responsible for countless great days out. Show us yours by entering this category.
Prize: A family set of scooters and accessories from Micro Scooters.
Animals, plants and stunning natural scenery: the Network can be a great place to get close to nature. If you’re a greenway rider, a twitcher or a flower fancier, this is the category to send your photos to.
Prize: A selection of 10 wildlife, photography and outdoors books sponsored by Vertebrate Publishing.
Love snapping the sculptures and artworks along the Network? Or do you like visiting the many historical and cultural places of interest that can be seen along the routes? Send your shots of artworks and iconic landmarks on the Network to this category.
Prize: A men’s or women’s MTB trail bundle and waterproof backpack from Polaris Bikewear.
Canals, rivers, lochs, lakes and the sea: if your favourite Network routes go past these, this will be the category for you.
Prize: A 20-litre touring rucksack from Proviz.
Shortlisted entries will be judged by:
Marc Aspland, Chief Sports Photographer for The Times
Miranda Krestovnikoff, radio and television presenter, author and conservationist
Anthony Pease, cycling and landscape photographer whose work has appeared in BikesEtc and Outdoor Fitness amongst others
The closing date for entries is 11.59 am (BST) on Monday 30 September 2019. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Please send your images to [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name, contact email address and telephone number.
- Your name, age and a valid email address for your parent or legal guardian if you’re under 18.
- The title of the category you are entering.
- The location where the photograph was taken, including the name and/or number of the National Cycle Network route your image was taken on or near to.
- A few words telling us the story behind your image – including but not restricted to when the photo was taken, what was your “Everyday Adventure”, what you were doing when you took the image, why you decided to take the photo.
- The name you are happy to be made public if you are picked as a winner (e.g you may want us to use your first name and second name, first initial and surname only, initials only, or “Anonymous”).
We are committed to protecting your personal data. For information on how we do this, see our privacy notice.
Entries will be shortlisted by representatives from Sustrans and the winners for each category determined by independent judges.
Remember to tell us the story behind your image when sending in your photos – we want to hear about your everyday adventures.
Before entering the competition we recommend you read the terms and conditions.
If you have any questions please contact: