1. Sustrans Local Heroes Celebration (“Celebration”) is promoted by Sustrans company number 1797726, Registered Charity No. 326550 (England and Wales) SC039263 (Scotland) of 2 Cathedral Square, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5DD (“Sustrans”).
2. The Local Heroes Celebration is an initiative in England to identify local heroes in 14 English places and turn them into figures, which will then be installed on the National Cycle Network. People in each of the local places will be invited to vote for the person or persons that they would most like to see celebrated in this way.
3. Nominations and voting for local heroes open at 09:00 on 21/03/2022 and will close at 23:59 on 11/04/2022.
4. Each person may nominate more than one hero in their local area. Submissions can be accompanied by additional supporting text of up to 100 words through the website. This can be used to explain the reason for nomination. Nominations must include the email details and postcode of the individual nominating, and Sustrans reserves the right to discount nominations where the individual’s postcode indicates that they are not local to the area which they have nominated a Local Hero to represent.
5. Sustrans will review nominations for each of the 14 locations and reserves the right to include suggestions generated internally or by selected project partners.
6. Each person may vote only once (even if they have provided multiple nominations).
7. The decision on which the Local Hero is selected for each location will be made by Sustrans and selected partners of Sustrans. It will be based on factors including the number of nominations and votes but also how well potential Local Heroes represent the local communities where figures will be sited and how well they fit with Sustrans values. Sustrans’ decision on which local heroes to install as figures is in our sole discretion.
8. Sustrans reserves the right to change the heroes to be used after they have been selected and announced if necessary, for example (but not limited to) if consent of the subject (if living) is not forthcoming or if there is no suitable artwork and/or permission to use copyrighted material can not be obtained in production of the figure.
9. Sustrans will aim to announce the final list of heroes by the end of April 2022. However we cannot be held liable if we are unable to meet this deadline.
10. Sustrans will commission designs of the winning heroes and fabricate the figures and will need to ensure that all potential copyright issues are covered.
11. Any enquiry concerning this campaign should be sent to: Sustrans Local Heroes Celebration, Paths for Everyone Sustrans, 2 Cathedral Square, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5DD or email@example.com.
12. Any personal data related to participants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislations and will only be used to contact you about progress of the Celebration unless you state otherwise.
14. Sustrans reserves the right to cancel the Celebration at any time.
15. Submitting a nomination for a local hero or a vote for the one or more of the shortlisted candidates will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. In order to access the Service provided on this website, you must register relevant personal details for the Celebration, as set out on our registration page.
3. You agree to ensure that your registration details, including your name and email address, are true and accurate at all times.
4. In order to participate in the Celebration, you must provide a postcode local to the area and you may only participate in one local area.
5. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to Sustrans and our partners or we have a licence to use those materials.
6. Your access to the Website does not license you to use any of its content in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
7. Any comment, feedback (including nominations and votes), idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through the Website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your comments.
8. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
9. The use of all Sustrans websites is governed by our Terms and Conditions which can be found in the Legal section of our website.