Following a two-year review, in 2018 we presented a new vision for the National Cycle Network: A UK-wide network of traffic-free paths for everyone, connecting cities, towns and countryside, loved by the communities they serve.
To achieve the new vision for the Network, as its custodian, we will lead across five themes.
1. Steward the long-term vision, by setting and implementing quality standards, providing accurate and consistent information, and protecting the brand identity.
2. Champion the user's voice and act as a conduit between users, local communities, stakeholders and partners so that we can deliver change and progress.
3. Share our knowledge of the Network to benefit users, partners and wider society.
4. Harness the power of volunteers and local communities so the Network is regarded and loved as a community asset.
5. Set the tone for behaviour - Share, Respect, Enjoy - and work with partners to establish these principles.
6. Encourage, enable and inspire greater usage of the Network so that more people are able to walk and cycle.
7. Monitor usage and measure impact so that we can provide evidence of the difference that the Network makes to people’s lives.
8. Own a living plan that describes the physical state of the Network and how it will be improved.
9. Work with partners to maintain, improve and develop the Network.
10. Seek to raise funds that will secure the future success of the National Cycle Network.
We've now published our data on the Living Atlas for professionals and organisations.
This vector tile package depicts the breadth of the Network and will allow our partners and local authorities to stream our National Cycle Network data.
If you would like to play a part and work with us towards our vision for the Network, please do get in touch.