Our training equips staff with the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver fun activities in the workplace that inspire colleagues to change the way they travel.
Why train with Sustrans?
We are experts
Our specialist trainers bring a wealth of practical knowhow and real life experience. Skilled in adult learning, each trainer has a distinguished career and is active in the practical delivery of sustainable transport initiatives.
Our rates are competitive
We make sure our courses are good value for money and have a range of discounts available for multiple bookings. Investing in our courses provides a lasting legacy for your organisation.
Designed to suit you
Whether you want to attend one of our UK wide courses or have our trainers deliver a programme at your organisation, our flexible approach ensures we can meet your needs.
The course builds on our extensive knowledge and experience of delivering successful travel behaviour change projects and has been designed to enable delegates to carry out training and activities within working hours.
“ The initiatives led by Sustrans have made our staff really think about how they travel - not just to and from work but during the day at work too. From our partnership at Cobalt we’ve been able to expand active travel right across the trust area, including at three hospital sites. ”
Why have a Workplace Travel Champion?
Businesses that encourage their employees to be more active:
- Reduce absenteeism by up to 20%
- Achieve lower rates of employee turnover
- Improve employee well-being
- Increase productivity of staff
- Minimise demand for car-parking
- Meet CSR environmental targets through the reduction of carbon emissions.
Who is the training for?
Delegates from all shapes and sizes of organisation are welcome. They should be enthusiastic individuals who are already ambassadors of walking, cycling or sustainability as these are the people most likely to be able to lead by example and effect a change from within your organisation.
Do you already have environmental champions? Skill them up to give great travel advice and run engaging events. They will be encouraging colleagues to walk, cycle and take public transport for more of their work journeys.
- understanding travel behaviour
- how to hold constructive conversations with colleagues
- how to run a number of fun and engaging events; these might be bike maintenance sessions, info boards or lunchtime walking groups
- how to plan future events independently
- how to carry out other activities which might include compiling a travel action plan or carrying out site facility audits
- that their employer values them and recognises the benefits of investing in them to encourage organisational change.
Delegates can expect full support from a designated Sustrans trainer, as well as access to Sustrans E-Learning platform. This includes step by step guides, useful resources, and assessments as well as a training forum.
Prices for an individual or pair of delegates
Our Workplace Travel Champions Training prides itself on being affordable and flexible. Our pricing structure offers discounts on multi-module open course bookings, as displayed below:
- One delegate attending one module: £100 + VAT
- One delegate attending two modules: £180 + VAT
- One delegate attending three modules: £250 + VAT
If you are an individual or pair of delegates and would like to book onto one of our UK-wide course dates please complete the simple booking form at the bottom of this page.
Large group bookings
If you are a group of six or more our expert trainer will come and deliver a course just for your organisation.
Course arrangements must be made a minimum of three months in advance on a mutually convenient date.
The training will take place at your organisation, with the venue and equipment to be provided by you. The course will cater for between six and 12 delegates.
- One module: £650 + VAT
- Two modules: £1300 + VAT
- Three modules: £1950 + VAT