Are you looking for an opportunity to help look after the National Cycle Network in your local area? We're currently looking for volunteer rangers across the East of England, to carry out a host of route maintenance activities to ensure the Network is in top condition.
Summary of tasks
- inspect your route and any Sustrans land holdings
- check for missing or broken signs and fit temporary signs as per the signing guidance
- attend group workdays and signing rides
- carry out general tidy ups and clear back overgrowing vegetation as per the health and safety guidance
- look after any artwork or mileposts on your route
- report any major issues to your volunteer co-ordinator.
- Self motivated to carry out tasks independently once directed.
- Work well within a team.
- Live close to or travel regularly along your allocated section of route by sustainable transport.
- Communication skills.
Training and support offered
- An initial training and induction session will be provided regionally.
- In addition, Sustrans organises a number of days throughout the year, which will offer valuable updates, networking opportunities with other volunteers, and training in relevant skills.
- You will also receive regular communications to support you in your role, and can join the online community to find support from other Rangers.
- Health and safety guidelines and simple risk assessments will be provided.
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
To apply for this vacancy, please complete and return a volunteer application form and equal opportunities form.
Please download a pdf version if you would like to print and post your application form back to us.
Applicants aged 16 and 17 must include a Young person consent form signed by their parent or legal guardian alongside their application form.