Would you like to help make it easier for people to walk and cycle?
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer in the Doncaster area to bring together and motivate local volunteers and to co-ordinate the group’s activities.
Local volunteers get involved in signing and basic maintenance of National route 62, part of the Trans Pennine Trail through Doncaster.
You will act as the main volunteer contact in the area and ensure information, knowledge and resources are shared with local volunteers and link in with the other Sustrans groups such as the Rotherham, Barnsley and Sheffield groups
You will receive training, support and direction from the Volunteer Co-ordinator and Network Development Manager and the Trans Pennine Trail Office.
Summary of tasks
In your role as a group co-ordinator you will:
- keep the group informed of local activities they can join in, including organising regular meetings, communications and socials
- keep a simple record of activities to report back as often as required
- carry out a group plan with your group, focusing on activities the volunteers want to focus on in the future such as signing, basic maintenance of local network routes walks and events to promote active travel
- revisit a group plan with your Volunteer Co-ordinator
- attend the Central Trans Pennine Trail Meeting (three per year).
To apply for this role you should be:
- an excellent communicator
- a good motivator, acting as support and encouragement for others
- someone able to identify skills and interest in the group and co-ordinate activities and responsibilities
- someone able to work with a diverse range of people and committed to the Sustrans ethos.
A few hours a month, which may include workdays, events, meetings and communication with the group. This may include evenings and weekends.
Training and support offered
- An initial training and induction session will be provided regionally.
- Sustrans organises a number of days throughout the year, which will offer valuable updates, networking opportunities with other volunteers and group co-ordinators, and training in relevant skills.
- You will receive central communications to support you in your role and can join the online community to find support in other group co-ordinators.
- Health and safety guidelines and simple risk assessments will be provided.
- Support from the Trans Pennine Trail Office.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Find out more about the role
For more information about this role please contact Abigail Pound, Sustrans North Volunteer Co-ordinator on [email protected] or call 0161 923 6050.