Have you got a few hours to spare each month and would like to lend a hand to help look after the Bristol & Bath Railway Path in Staple Hill, Bristol?
As a volunteer litterpick organiser, you will organise and run litterpicks on Bristol's traffic-free National Cycle Network routes in your area. You will welcome members of the public to these litterpicks and liaise with the local authority to arrange litter bag collections. You will receive all equipment needed, training, and staff support from Sustrans.
Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Whether you enjoy being outdoors, are looking to meet new people or would like to look after walking and cycling routes in your community this role will provide you with these opportunities.
What does a volunteer litterpick organiser do?
As a litterpick organiser, you will be encouraged to:
- identify litter hotspots in your area and plan regular (weekly or monthly) activities to tackle them
- advertise your litterpicks locally and engage members of the local community to help
- welcome members of the public to join in
- keep a record of participants and report your volunteering hours online.
What we're looking for
We're looking for individuals who are:
- self-motivated to carry out tasks independently once directed
- committed to sustainable travel.
Flexible - from a few hours a month.
Training and support offered
- training to run these activities safely and information about the Network
- equipment and staff support
- out-of-pocket expenses
- networking days
- opportunities to join path enhancement workdays
- regular communications to support you in your role.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
Find out more about the role
For more information about this role please contact Adam Jukes, Volunteer Coordinator, on [email protected] or call 0117 915 0208.