Do you enjoy taking pictures and meeting new people? Are you looking for experience in social media marketing, photography or writing and want to inspire others about the benefits of cycling & walking?
The North West team of Sustrans would love to hear from you!
We're currently looking for positive and social media savy individuals to volunteer with our North West of England team to help promote our work online.
Summary of tasks
Working with our marketing & communications officer, you'll help to promote the work of Sustrans in the North West of England to our local Facebook, Twitter and online audiences.
- photography at local events
- develop engaging social media posts
- opportunity to write content for our website or newsletters
- marketing support at events and activities.
What we're looking for
We'd like to find volunteers who:
- have experience with photography & have an SLR camera
- have experience with social media in a personal or professional capacity
- enjoy walking and cycling and can access local cycle routes, ideally via bike and train.
Volunteers are required from March 2018 and the role is ongoing.
The role is flexible and dependent on your availability and skills.
As a guide:
- a half day initially to attend volunteer induction and activity specific training
- we ask volunteers to commit to attending at least 2 Sustrans events per month
- one to two days per year to attend Sustrans volunteer training events.
Training and support offered
- You'll receive a volunteer Induction when you first join us, to make sure you have everything you need to support you in your role.
- Working alongside the Marketing & Communications officer through an initial meeting and thereafter mainly via skype, phone or email contact.
- This role can be combined with other volunteering roles, according to a volunteer’s interests.
Other benefits include:
- opportunity to work with a leading UK charity
- induction and support from the Marketing & Communications officer and regional Volunteer Co-ordinator
- newsletters to keep you informed about Sustrans’ work
- agreed expenses
- central communications to support you in your role and an online community with other volunteers.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Find out more about the role
For more information about this role, please contact Sarah Roe, Marketing & Communications officer on [email protected].