Do you enjoy taking pictures and meeting new people? Are you looking for experience in social media marketing, photography or writing and want to inspire others about the benefits of cycling & walking? Sustrans and the Isle of Man Government would love to hear from you!
Summary of tasks
Work with Sustrans and the Isle of Man Government to help promote cycling and walking on the Isle of Man to our local facebook, twitter and online audiences.
- photography at local events
- develop engaging social media posts
- opportunity to write content for our website or newsletters
- marketing support at events and activities.
We'd like to find volunteers who:
- have experience with photography & have an SLR camera
- have experience with social media in a personal or professional capacity
- enjoy walking and cycling and can access local cycle routes, ideally via bike and train.
Volunteers are required from March 2019 and the role is ongoing.
The role is flexible and dependent on your availability and skills.
Training and support offered
- volunteer Induction
- work alongside the Isle of Man active travel officers, and the Sustrans and Isle of Man Government communications teams
- there will be an initial meeting and thereafter mainly via skype, phone or email contact.
This role can be combined with other volunteering roles, according to a volunteer’s interests.
Other benefits include
- opportunity to work with a leading UK charity
- induction and support from the Marketing & Communications officer and Isle of Man active travel officer
- newsletters to keep you informed about Sustrans’ work
- agreed expenses
- central communications to support you in your role and an online community with other volunteers.
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
For more information about this role, please contact Sarah Roe, Marketing & Communications officer on [email protected].
To apply for this vacancy, please complete and return a volunteer application form and equal opportunities form.