Across the UK our volunteer groups are giving time to support our work to make it easier for people to walk and cycle. This is an exciting role in developing traffic-free cycle routes.
Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Whether you enjoy being outdoors, are looking to meet new people or would like to improve your local environment this role will provide you with these opportunities.
What does a Sustrans volunteer ranger do?
Our wonderful volunteer rangers:
- are knowledgeable about cycle route choices being explored by the South Downs National Park and help them to achieve a solution
- will liaise with the volunteer ranger who is in a similar role focusing on Midhurst
- carry out tasks on existing routes such as checking signage and vegetation management
- attend group task days to blitz overgrown vegetation
- report any major issues to their group cocoordinator.
What we're looking for
We're looking for people who are:
- Living in or around Petersfield, knows the area well and can get around using sustainable transport
- able tot create links with local and national authorities, officers, councillors and other interest groups
- interested in planning and can respond to planning applications
- self-motivated to carry out tasks independently, once directed
- able to attend meetings of the Chichester group (2-3 annually) and take part in task days organised on other parts of the National Cycle Network around Chichester.
Up to 2 days a month spread over several days.
Training and support offered
- You will receive Sustrans volunteer online training and the volunteer handbook.
- Your group coordinator (a fellow volunteer) and other volunteer rangers will offer information, advice and support.
- Option to join the volunteer online community to find support from other rangers throughout the UK.
- Sustrans volunteer meetups to network, get updates and training.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: