Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Becoming a volunteer will give you the opportunity to make a difference in your community.
You’ll learn new skills and build on existing ones with the support of Sustrans staff.
We'll encourage more people to cycle and walk, help them with advice and information, share an enthusiasm for being outside and engage with a variety of people promoting a leading UK charity.
What does a volunteer event organiser do?
As an event organiser you will:
- co-design and co-deliver engagement activities with the community
- use social media to engage with local people
- contact local businesses to ensure any potential issues are resolved
- generate ideas for a fun and inclusive event with family-friendly activities
- help organise logistics for the day of the event
- produce and distribute promotional materials.
What we're looking for
We're looking for people who are:
- organised and have good communication skills
- able to problem solve
- creative and flexible
- able to support and motivate others
- enthusiastic about community development
- willing to engage with members of the public about sustainable travel
- ideally a resident of/ local to Lawrence Weston.
- Time commitment 3 - 4 hrs a week (flexible).
- Be available all day on Saturday 4 of September to support on the day of the event.
Training and support offered
- Initial training and induction sessions.
- Networking opportunities with other volunteers, and training in relevant skills.
- Regular communications to support you in your role.
- Health and safety guidelines and simple risk assessments.
- Your expenses will be reimbursed when agreed in advance.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: