Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
As a community engagement champion, you will:
- be active, meet new people and give something back to your community
- gain experience in planning and running events
- learn how communities can be made to feel safer and support active travel.
What does a Sustrans community engagement champion volunteer do?
As a community engagement volunteer, you will:
- engage with local communities
- listen and record feedback
- discuss active travel within the local community
- work as part of a team of like-minded individuals.
What we're looking for
We are looking for people who are:
- passionate about active travel
- excellent communicators; listening and facilitating skills
- enthusiastic and friendly
- punctual and reliable.
Approximately 2 hours per engagement session.
Training and support offered
You will be supervised and supported by a local Sustrans Project Officer.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: