In your role as a group co-ordinator you will:
- keep the group informed of local activities they can join in, including organising regular meetings, communications and socials
- keep a simple record of activities to report back as often as required
- carry out a group plan with your group, focusing on activities the volunteers want to focus on in the future such as signing, basic maintenance of local network routes walks and events to promote active travel
- revisit a group plan with your Volunteer Co-ordinator
- attend the Central Trans Pennine Trail Meeting (three per year).
To apply for this role you should be:
- an excellent communicator
- a good motivator, acting as support and encouragement for others
- someone able to identify skills and interest in the group and co-ordinate activities and responsibilities
- someone able to work with a diverse range of people and committed to the Sustrans ethos.
A few hours a month, which may include workdays, events, meetings and communication with the group. This may include evenings and weekends.
Training and support offered
- An initial training and induction session will be provided regionally.
- Sustrans organises a number of days throughout the year, which will offer valuable updates, networking opportunities with other volunteers and group co-ordinators, and training in relevant skills.
- You will receive central communications to support you in your role and can join the online community to find support in other group co-ordinators.
- Health and safety guidelines and simple risk assessments will be provided.
- Support from the Trans Pennine Trail Office.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: