Our volunteers in the Derby City area are looking for a volunteer to help support the promotion of activities and events on social media such as Facebook and Twitter with the public to attract support for the group.
There’s also the opportunity to help prepare for events that the group look to attend to promote the work they do and are asking for help preparing and running the activities there.
Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Volunteers are at the heart of what we do. They support partners and other community groups to help get more people walking and cycling in their area.
They work with expert staff from across the country and spend time with like-minded people to generate support for the work we do.
You’ll have access to resources and equipment to allow you to connect with people about sustainable travel. And regular access to a staff supervisor to help you develop your skills and abilities.
What does a Sustrans volunteer do?
We ask that volunteers support us with these sort of tasks:
- developing and scheduling engaging social media posts
- liaising with our volunteers and partners in the Derby City area
- writing content for our website or newsletters
- generating support and awareness of volunteer events
- attending events and speaking to the public about the work Sustrans volunteers do.
What we're looking for
We'd like to find volunteers who:
- have experience with social media in a personal or professional capacity
- computer literate
- enjoy working independently
- good written communication skills
- enjoys active travel and sustainable ideas
- comfortable holding conversations with members of the public.
We would ask volunteers to commit around 1 – 2 hours a week, depending on availability.
There would also be a 1-hour induction session, and a full day a year for training and national volunteer events.
Training and support offered
- Volunteer induction
- induction and support from the Marketing & Communications officer and regional Volunteer Co-ordinator
- newsletters to keep you informed about Sustrans’ work
- agreed expenses
- central communications to support you in your role and an online community with other volunteers.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: