Work with our marketing & communications officer to help promote the work of Sustrans in the North East of England to our regional and national audiences.
- Photography or videography at local events
- Develop engaging social media posts
- Opportunity to write content for our website or newsletters
- Marketing support at events and activities
We'd like to find volunteers who:
- Have experience with photography/videography & have an SLR camera and/or editing packages for video
- Have experience with social media in a personal or professional capacity
- Enjoy walking and cycling and can access local cycle routes, ideally via bike and train
Volunteers are required as soon as possible and the role is ongoing.
The role is flexible and dependent on your availability and skills.
As a guide:
- a half-day initially to attend volunteer induction and activity-specific training
- we ask volunteers to commit to attending at least 2 Sustrans events per month
- one to two days per year to attend Sustrans volunteer training events.
Training and support offered
- Volunteer Induction
- work alongside the Marketing & Communications officer through an initial meeting and thereafter mainly via skype, phone or email contact.
This role can be combined with other volunteering roles, according to a volunteer’s interests.
Other benefits include:
- opportunity to support a leading UK charity
- induction and support from the Marketing & Communications officer and regional Volunteer Co-ordinator
- newsletters to keep you informed about Sustrans’ work
- agreed expenses
- central communications to support you in your role and an online community with other volunteers.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: