Our Communications and Marketing Officer is looking for some help to promote and showcase the fantastic work that Sustrans does on the National Cycle Network and in local communities.
Join the team and help us monitor and create content for our local Facebook and Twitter followers, and other online audiences.
Why become a Sustrans volunteer?
Our volunteers are fundamental in looking after the National Cycle Network and supporting others to be more active.
From helping people discover the joys of cycling through the delivery of led rides, teaching children to ride a bike safely and running promotional stalls at local events – Sustrans volunteers are making a real difference in their communities.
What does a Sustrans photography and videography volunteer do?
As a volunteer, you'll be expected to carry out agreed tasks as led by our Communications and Marketing Officer.
Your tasks may include any of the following:
- photography or videography at local events
- creating inspiring video content to help promote our projects
- organising photography and videography shoots
- attendance at an initial meeting to go through your task plan and thereafter mainly via skype, phone or email contact.
What we're looking for
We're looking for people who:
- have experience with photography and have an SLR camera
- have experience with videography and editing
- enjoy walking and cycling and can access local cycle routes and Sustrans projects ideally via sustainable transport
- are self-motivated to carry out tasks independently once directed
- work well within a team
- have good communication skills.
Volunteers are required from November 2019 and the role is ongoing.
The role is flexible and dependent on your availability and skills.
Communication is essential to your role, so you'll need to liaise with the Communications and Marketing Officer to keep up-to-date with local developments and your task plan.
Approximately one day per month but there are lots of opportunities to get even more involved in our work if you wish to.
Training and support offered
- The Communications and Marketing Officer and Sustrans Volunteer Coordinator will offer you all the support you need to carry out your role.
- Initial training and face-to-face induction session will be provided.
- In addition, Sustrans organises a number of days throughout the year, which will offer valuable updates, networking opportunities with other volunteers and training in relevant skills.
- You will also receive regular communications to support you in your role and can join the online community to find support from other Volunteers.
- Health and safety guidelines and simple risk assessments will be provided.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: