Join the local group of friendly and committed volunteers who organise various tasks throughout the year to help keep the route in great condition for the local community.
Summary of tasks
- Cutting back overgrown vegetation
- Managing habitat for wildlife
- Litter picking
- Repairing signs
- Happy to work part of a team
- It is useful if you have experience of using handtools but it isn’t essential
- There are different tasks for different abilities
A few hours a month.
Training and support offered
- receive training on how to carry out a task on the day
- be invited to a welcome session for new volunteers
- have the opportunity to attend your annual regional or national volunteer day which will include valuable Sustrans updates, networking opportunities with others and provide core skill training
- receive central communications to support you in your role and can join the online community to find support in other volunteers
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: