We're looking for individuals who are excellent communicators and motivators. You will be the first point of contact at the Stockton Hub and a source of support and encouragement to others. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
As a volunteer you can help to develop this role and the wider project. We would encourage you to take part in all of our day-to-day activities, but also to concentrate on your core activities. These include:
- welcoming new beneficiaries to the project
- explaining the breadth of activities of the project
- creating information displays
- booking in bicycles to the secure parking area
- logging activities on the database
- occasional opening or shutting down the building
- selling reconditioned bikes
- assisting participants by selecting correct loan bikes and adjusting seat height
- occasionally assisting with walks or ride
- or, if you have your own ideas for activities the project team can work with you to develop them
We are looking for volunteers to help us on a regular basis during peak times 10:00-15:00 (or part of those hours) particularly on Tuesdays or Thursdays. We are also looking to extend the opening hours.
Why be a welcome volunteer?
There are lots of benefits to volunteering with Sustrans:
- develop your leadership, communication and influencing skills through specialised training
- make a difference to people’s health and the environment
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
Our Safeguarding Statement sets out Sustrans’ organisational commitment to safeguarding best practice.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at Sustrans
Sustrans is committed to representing the diverse communities we work with, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We value equality and inclusiveness and believe that a diverse organisation brings with it a diversity of ideas and ways of working which strengthens everything we do.
For more information contact: