Borrow a free cargo bike for your business in Edinburgh.
Why choose The Bike Library?
To join the movement of people across the UK who have started using cargo bikes as part of their day-to-day business operations.
Who is The Bike Library for?
The Sustrans Bike Library has been set up to enable staff in small businesses and enterprises across Edinburgh to borrow cargo bikes for a flexible period of time without any upfront costs.
It has the potential to:
- Reach new customers
- Save you money
- Change the way you move goods
- Encourage an active travel culture in your workplace and amongst your staff
Why get involved?
- You can try different types of bikes
- Free training and support
- Flexible bike borrowing options
- After the try-out we can offer advice on sourcing your own cargo bike
What do you need?
- Ideally, somewhere secure to store the bike overnight
- Public Liability insurance for your business
- An enthusiasm to try something new
- To be able to provide us with user experiences and feedback
What bikes are available?
We have four bikes available for you to try out. See our brochure for an overview.
Contact us today and change the way you transport goods. To access the bikes and borrow them, you need to:
- Send us a completed application form
- Become a registered user and identify who will ride the bikes
- Take part in a short Essential Cycle Skills session with a focus on cargo bike riding techniques (up to 4 hours)