Use of this website is provided by Sustrans Ltd subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully before using this website.
1. About Our Conditions
- These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) explain how you may use the Website.
- By accessing or using the Website, you agree to these Conditions and any documents referred in them.
- If these Conditions are not accepted in full, you should stop using the Website immediately.
- We seek to make the Website as accessible as possible. For more information please refer to our accessibility statement.
- If you have any questions about the Website, please contact us.
- Content means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Website.
- us/we/our means Sustrans Ltd a registered charity in England and Wales (number 326550) and Scotland (SCO 39263) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No 1797726 at 2 Cathedral Square, Bristol, BS1 5DD.
- Website means www.sustrans.org.uk.
- you/your means the person accessing or using the Website or its Content.
3. Using the Website
- You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any third party.
- The Website is for your personal use only.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
- all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Website; and
- where applicable, keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- The Website is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Website from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Website if you do not comply with any part of these Conditions, any terms or policies they refer to or any applicable law.
4. Changes to these Conditions
- We reserve the right to change these Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the Website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Conditions as modified. It is your responsibility to check these Conditions from time to time to review any variations.
5. Intellectual Property
- The Website and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, patents, trade marks, design rights, domain names, rights in computer software, the right to sue for infringement, and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Conditions. This means that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
- Nothing in these Conditions grants you any legal rights in the Website or the Content other than as necessary to enable you to access the Website in accordance with the Conditions. You agree not to adjust or try and circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Website and in particular any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Website.
- The Website may contain proprietary notices (such as a notice that a party owns a trade mark or copyright in the Content) and you must observe the terms of any such notice.
- Commercial use or publication of any Content is not permitted without our prior written authorisation.
- Documents within the Content may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on the Website with the permission from the relevant copyright owners (who are not us) and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners.
6. Accuracy of information and availability of the Website
- While we try to make sure that the Website is accurate and up-to-date, we cannot promise that it will be. In addition, we cannot promise that the Website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Website is at your own risk.
- Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about our products, news, features, services and other Websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any of these purposes.
- While we try to make sure that the Website is available for your use, we do not promise that the Website is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Website.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the Website at any time and for any reason as we see fit.
7. Other terms which may apply to you
- If you purchase goods from the Website the Customer Service T&Cs for the supply of goods will apply to you. These additional rights include which are known as ‘statutory rights’ as they are derived from laws such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
8. Your privacy and personal information
9. Submitting information to the Website
- While we try to make sure that the Website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (“Unwanted Submissions”). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
10. Hyperlinks and third party sites
- The Website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites. We take no legal responsibility for the content, material, information, statement, product or services contained in any external websites. We have no control over the content of any third party website. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that we approve of or endorse any other third party website or the content of that website.
11. Limitation on Our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these Conditions were formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
12. Events beyond our control
- We will have no liability to you for any breach of these Conditions caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
13. Rights of third parties
- No one other than a party to these Conditions has any right to enforce any of these Conditions.
14. Complaints and Disputes
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us or have a complaint, please contact us.
- If you want to take court proceedings, you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- These Conditions, their subject matter and their formation are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
These terms and conditions were issued on 15 July 2019.