Supporting Sustrans in memory of a loved one, friend, or colleague can be a heartfelt and meaningful way to celebrate their life and to express what they meant to you. You may choose Sustrans because they supported us in their lifetime or because they believed in our mission to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
Roger Green was a passionate cyclist who raced to a professional level in his youth, entering the Tour of Britain. When Roger sadly died in February 2011, his son, Mike, kindly organised a collection in aid of Sustrans in his memory.
We are enormously grateful to Mike for thinking of us at such a difficult time and the money collected has helped us to maintain the National Cycle Network for others to enjoy as much as Roger did.
“ I know this money can be put to good use on projects that my dad would have approved of. ”
In memory ideas
- A funeral or memorial collection for Sustrans in lieu of flowers.
- An online memorial fund such as Just Giving. Accessible to friends and family, near or far and a place to post memories with messages, photos and videos.
- Sponsor a mile of the National Cycle Network in memory of your loved one with a photo and a message… then why not cycle or walk the same mile? An opportunity for reflection or to gather friends and family together in remembrance.
- A sponsored ride or challenge, such as Ride London or a half marathon. An achievement in celebration of life. Just Giving offers an excellent platform for event fundraising.
- An annual gift to Sustrans by direct debit, in the month of your loved one’s birthday
If you’d like to tell us the story of your in-memory fundraising, we’d like to celebrate you and your loved one on our social media channels or perhaps in our hub newsletter
How to give
Funds collected offline (i.e. not through a service like Just Giving) can be sent to Sustrans via an appointed funeral director in the case of a collection or sent directly to:
2 Cathedral Square,
Bristol, BS1 5DD.
For advice and information, contact Claire Mantell, Supporter Relations Manager on 0117 915 0227