Sustrans Scotland's Community Links programme provides funding for the creation of infrastructure that makes it easier for people to walk and cycle for everyday journeys. The programme is funded by Transport Scotland and has funded hundreds of projects across Scotland since 2010.
- Create infrastructure that enables people to walk, cycle or use another active travel mode as their preferred mode of travel for everyday journeys
- Meet the needs of communities, providing people with the opportunity to shape their local environment and link the places they live with the places they want to go
- Raise the standards by using innovative and imaginative approaches for community and business engagement, design and construction of walking and/or cycling projects
- Encourage placemaking that promotes greater use of public space and higher levels of active travel
- Create an enabling context/environment for active travel that facilitates the delivery of other projects
Apply for Community Links funding
We encourage applications from public and third sector organisations that can demonstrate an ability to deliver and maintain the infrastructure for which they are applying.
Community Links programme timeline
|1 May 2018||Application portal reopens for new applications|
|8 May||Funding decision for 2018-19 Community Links projects announced to partners|
|May 2018 - March 2019||Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified within four weeks of submission|
|March 2019||Application portal closes for 2018/19|
|15 May 2019||Final grant claim deadline for 2018/19|
Community Links Projects 2017-18
Click here to view this map full screen. Hovering over a dot brings up a summary of each project. Full descriptions can be read by clicking on the dot.