- From - to: Birmingham's Gas Street Basin to Wolverhampton station
- Type: Canal towpath, mostly flat and traffic-free
- Distance: 15.5 miles
The ride begins five minutes from New Street Station at the Gas Street Basin, originally a busy industrial canal interchange, now a key part of the transformation of Birmingham into a modern, cosmopolitan European city. You may want to fuel up at one of its cafes before setting off.
Keep your eyes open, as there have been sightings of otters on Birmingham's canal network, and this route is shared with many plants, mammals, birds and insects. The route passes the Galton Valley Heritage Centre where you can explore the industrial history of the area.
Download a route description sheet.
- Birmingham Gas Street Station
- Birmingham Cathedral
- The Mailbox, Birmingham
- Musuem of the Jewellery QTR
- Galton Valley Heritage Centre
- Wolverhampton Art Gallery
Map shows the National Cycle Network and local routes in this area.
Take time to enjoy the slower pace of life along this green corridor through the city