In this section we aim to draw together some of the key pieces of research and statistics relating to the benefits of sustainable and active travel.
We have produced key statistics related to our work. The documents cover how people travel, why people travel, road safety, transport costs, levels of obesity and physical inactivity.
- Key Great Britain/ England statistics (pdf)
- Key Wales statistics (pdf)
- Key Scotland statistics (pdf)
- Key London statistics (pdf)
- Key Northern Ireland statistics (pdf)
To explore the academic research that we have collated, use the links below to find your area of interest. The links within these categories will take you to the abstract page of the relevant journal - in most cases you will require a login or subscription to view the full text.