We have launched a new cyclist loyalty scheme called ‘Pedal Perks’ in East Belfast to encourage more people to cycle to local shops and cafes in the area and are calling on all business owners to join the scheme.
Arrive by bike at cafés and retailers near the Comber Greenway which display the Pedal Perks logo and ask what the reward is. For example, it could be a discount or an extra stamp on a loyalty card.
This is part of the CHIPS Project funded by Interreg North-West Europe. Sustrans is keen to expand Pedal Perks beyond East Belfast, contact us if you want to find out more.
“ While we have plenty of room for parking at Bell's Junction, our reliance on the car is becoming unsustainable, so we should do anything we can do to support the local cyclist. ”
Cafes and retailers currently signed up are:
- Belfast Books, York Road - 15% off used books
- Boat Club Belfast - Free coffee and tray bake on the first Friday of the month
- Brewed Belfast, Queens Street, Belfast - £2 for tea/coffee and donut all day.
- Café Nosh, Dundonald – Coffee or Tea and a scone or tray bake for £2.95.
- Café Smart, Belmont Road - extra stamp on food loyalty card and separate tea/coffee loyalty card
- Coffee Nook, Castlereagh Road - 10% off for cyclists.
- Cream Café Bistro, Dundonald - 10% off food served from their kitchen.
- Castle Espie Wetland Centre, near Comber - 20% discount on café purchases.
- Earlswood Pharmacy, Ballyhackamore - go in store to find out what this month's offer is for cyclists.
- Georgian House, Comber - on hold, more information to follow.
- Hillmount Nursery - free filter coffee/tea and traybake on Saturday and Sunday until end September.
- Indie Fude, Comber - 10% off cut cheeses.
- Jack Straw’s The Board Game Café, Stormont - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks.
- Jack Café, CS Lewis Square - 10% off.
- Nature’s Way, Ballyhackamore - loyalty card with 10 stamps especially for pedal perks, a full card gets 10% off bill.
- NI Assembly Gift Shop - Complimentary scone & butter with every hot or cold beverage purchased. Offer available Mon to Fri only.
- Oliver's Coffee Bar and Oliver's Deli, Belmont Road and Oliver's Coffee Bar, Lisburn Road - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks
- Orchard Café, Holywood Arches - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks.
- Paper cup, Titanic Quarter - 10% off bill.
- Peppercorn Bistro, Comber - loyalty card, after 5 stamps choice of free tea/coffee or scone/traybake.
- Piccola Parma, Woodstock Road - after 5 stamps on loyalty card get a free item (ask inside).
- Pot Kettle Black, CS Lewis Square - 10% off the food bill and 20% off coffee.
- Refresh Cafe, East Belfast Mission, Newtownards Road - Tea or Coffee and a scone for £2.
- Sandown Pharmacy, Ballyhackamore - see instore for this month's offer.
- S.D. Bell's, Knock - extra stamp on loyalty card for hot drinks.
- Secret Garden Restaurant, Dundonald - 10% off bill for cyclists.
- Stokers Halt Ballyhackamore and Holywood - 10% off food bill.
- Sugarcane Café Bistro, Comber - 10% off bill for cyclists.
- The Lamppost Café, Upper Newtownards Road - extra stamp on hot drinks loyalty card
- The Tea Room at Ballylagan Organic Farm, Straid, Co. Antrim - 10% discount on tea room bill
- Ulster Hospital Dundonald, Downpatrick Hospital and Lagan Valley Hospital Lisburn – various cafés – offering a free coffee or tea to cyclists, take a photo of yourself and bike at the hospital and show to get your drink