Sustrans England South is launching a Photography Competition on Thursday 20 December 2018 to mark the 40th anniversary of the Bristol and Bath Railway Path.
The Bristol and Bath Railway Path is where the Sustrans journey began and to celebrate this iconic route's 40th birthday in 2019 we are asking you to send us photographs of the Path with the winning entries turned into a calendar.
Shortlisted photographs will be uploaded to our Facebook gallery and the images with the most 'likes' will be chosen.
If you are interested in entering the Bristol and Bath Railway Path Competition and would like to know more you can find the Competition Guidelines below as well as a link to the Competition Terms and Conditions.
Bristol and Bath Railway Path Photography Competition Guidelines
All images entered must be taken on the Bristol and Bath Railway Path and celebrate your experiences on the path and what it means to you.
- Images must be landscape orientation (i.e. wider than they are tall).
- Minimum file size is 1MB and maximum file size should be 10MB. Photos can be from a camera or a smartphone.
- You may submit multiple images for each phase.
- The photos need to be your own work, and you must have full copyright and permission for any images you submit. See the Competition Terms and Conditions for more information.
To enter the competition e-mail your photos to [email protected] along with:
- Your name
- Email address
- Where the image was taken
- Short caption or indication of what the Bristol and Bath Railway Path means to you
Closing dates for the respective phases —there are four phases in total. The four closing dates for sending in your photographs are:
- Winter - Phase 1: Entries close at 5.00pm Thursday 28 February 2019
- Spring - Phase 2: Entries close at 5.00pm Friday 31 May 2019
- Summer - Phase 3: Entries close at 5.00pm Friday 30 August 2019
- Autumn - Phase 4: Entries close at 5.00pm Thursday 31 October 2019
Shortlisted photos will be chosen by representatives from Sustrans South, and we will then upload them onto our Facebook Gallery for the voting stages. The winning photos are the ones which receive the most ‘likes’ on our Facebook Gallery. We’ll contact winners after each voting stage has completed.
The winning photo in each Phase will receive a prize of a calendar comprised of the winning entries.
Voting on the Sustrans South Facebook Page will open on:
- Phase 1: 9.00am Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Phase 2: 9.00am Wednesday 5 June 2019
- Phase 3: 9.00am Wednesday 4 September 2019
- Phase 4: 9.00am Tuesday 5 November 2019
Voting for the shortlisted entries on our Facebook Gallery will close on:
- Phase 1: 5.00pm Monday 11 March 2019
- Phase 2: 5.00pm Monday 10 June 2019
- Phase 3: 5.00pm Monday 9 September 2019
- Phase 4: 5.00pm Monday 11 November 2019
We’ll produce the Bristol and Bath Railway Path calendar shortly after the final vote on Monday 11 November 2019.
We think the Bristol and Bath Railway Path is one of the most photogenic routes in the whole of the National Cycle Network and we look forward to seeing your photographs.