About the role
Leading the South volunteer support service to deliver volunteer initiatives, you will create and implement a vibrant volunteering offer that includes celebrating the diversity of users on the National Cycle Network.
You will also ensure that we implement procedures and best practices in recruiting, motivating and supporting a diverse range of volunteers.
We are looking for somebody who can engage, inspire and influence volunteers.
You'll have experience in planning, organising and running volunteer and public events.
And you will have the ability to represent and promote Sustrans to external agencies, supporters, volunteers and the general public.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team where you can make a big impact and where we value the contribution and expertise of everyone.
This role will require travel to and work in locations throughout the South West (and potentially other parts of the South) as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on Monday 2 August 2021.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Monday 9 August 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: