About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our growing Fundraising and Supporter Engagement team.
We’re looking for an inspiring leader to help create our vision for our new Supporter Care and Operations Team.
As our Supporter Care and Operations Manager, you will enhance the way we look after our supporters, delivering excellent customer service to increase loyalty and commitment to the charity.
You will be responsible for defining the direction of travel and how success will be monitored, along with ensuring compliance in our fundraising activities and contractual obligations.
We believe in collaboration, so are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills who can build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Someone with experience in delivering great customer service to improve supporter experience and loyalty.
Someone with a detailed understanding of fundraising compliance and best practice.
You like to improve and implement processes to deliver enhanced customer service.
So, if this sounds like you and, like Sustrans you want to make a difference, apply today.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on 2 August 2021.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week commencing 9 August 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: