About the role
As the Sustrans Senior Project Officer, you will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people within Midlothian Council and others within local government, professional bodies and authorities to assist in the development and delivery of a transformative sustainable and active travel strategy.
Your day-to-day duties will be advised by the Local Authority, with line management provided for you by the Partnerships Manager at Sustrans Scotland.
You will work across council departments and in partnership with external organisations to consolidate cooperation amongst stakeholders and delivery partners. You'll work collaboratively to identify and develop opportunities for investment in active travel to make it easier for people to walk, wheel and cycle in Midlothian.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects for Midlothian Council on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within a commutable distance of Dalkeith, where the role will be based once Covid restrictions are lifted.
You should have experience of partnership working and be able to build relationships with ease. You will proactively engage within Midlothian Council and affiliated agencies to develop and promote the Active Travel Strategy.
To be effective in this role, you will have a working knowledge of the active travel sector in Scotland and be able to think strategically.
We will look for you to evidence your experience in partnership projects. You should be an excellent communicator to facilitate writing bids, applications for funding opportunities and reports.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 25 January 2022
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams on 10 February 2022.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: