About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and promote active travel to NHS Ayrshire and Arran staff through a range of events and activities, helping to create healthier, happier and fairer places for commuting and local business travel.
You will work alongside NHS Ayrshire and Arran to produce a series of site-specific Active Travel Action Plans (ATAPs).
You will engage NHS Ayrshire and Arran staff through a range of activities (as identified through the ATAPs) designed to increase the number of active and/or sustainable travel journeys for commuting and business travel.
You will promote our existing active and sustainable travel initiatives and contribute to the sustainability assessment tool and sustainability strategy.
You will be partnering with NHS stakeholders and local partners including operational staff and management to develop networks for active and sustainable travel.
Due to the nature of the role, a full PVG is required.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake the project on behalf of Sustrans. You will be travelling to sites within NHS Arran and Ayrshire.
You will be passionate about active travel and supporting and motivating others to make positive changes to everyday journeys to benefit themselves, their local community and the environment. You will be self-motivated and able to work independently to manage a varied workload.
You should have experience in building relationships with a wide range of organisations, groups and individuals. Ideally, you will have worked on physical activity and behavioural change projects with a wide range of people.
You will be a skilled communicator, able to adapt your approach to engage and meet the needs of diverse audiences and will have experience in planning and delivering engagement activities and promotional events.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59 09 August 2022.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams on 30 August 2022.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: