About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as one of our Project Officers.
You'll support our projects that are focused on getting more people walking and cycling on the National Cycle Network by:
- enhancing surface quality
- improving signing and accessibility
- and dealing with road safety issues.
Using your experience and understanding of the issues surrounding walking and cycling infrastructure, you will produce feasibility studies and designs for new sections of route.
You'll identify and help to manage the delivery of improvements to existing sections of route.
You will also have the opportunity to draw on your passion for sustainable travel by engaging with local councils and partner organisations to help integrate our work within the wider strategic vision for our cities, towns and countryside.
We believe in collaboration so are looking for somebody who can build successful working relationships with a diverse range of project partners.
You will be somebody with experience in the delivery of walking and cycling network development projects.
You will have knowledge of relevant design and auditing tools including GIS software and data sets.
So, if this sounds like you, apply today!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team where you can make a big impact and where we value everyone's contribution and expertise.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on Friday 1 October 2021.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week commencing 18 October 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: