About the role
In this exciting role, you will be recruiting, training, and managing the Active Communities volunteers. You will be supporting these volunteers to forge new partnerships with local community groups and organisations to encourage increased physical activity and active travel.
You will be producing a monthly newsletter for people interested in volunteering with us. You will include engaging case studies, promote the programme and shape social media output.
You will be supporting volunteers to co-create, run and promote walking, wheeling and cycling-related activities in their communities.
You will report to the Volunteer Programme Coordinator and will be working closely with the Communities team and Scotland Volunteering team to deliver the Behaviour Change programme.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within the geographical area with regular travel expected to a nominated Hub/office base in Edinburgh or Glasgow. This role can also be considered for job share.
With excellent communication skills, you will demonstrate experience in volunteer management and building strong working relationships with volunteers, colleagues and community partners.
You will have knowledge of or an interest in behaviour change or social change alongside the ability to enthuse and inspire others to create change, travel actively and create healthier places and happier communities.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 16 August 2022.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the 25 August 2022.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: