About the role
This Project Manager role is at the centre of delivering our Paths for Everyone vision, which aims to improve the number and quality of traffic-free paths across the UK. You will report to the Senior Network Development Manager within the Network Development Team, England Midlands and East.
As part of this role, you will be out and about on the National Cycle Network, meeting partners and communities to influence and inspire the upgrade and improvement of routes in the urban and rural environment.
The role will involve working with design and engineering colleagues to develop and progress feasibility studies and designs, seek consent, secure funding and ultimately take projects into delivery: this is a role where you will see your projects through from start to finish.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within the Midlands and East of England geographical area with regular travel expected to a nominated Hub/office base in Peterborough.
You should have direct or transferable experience in transport planning, project management, business development and stakeholder engagement.
We engage with a diverse range of stakeholders and so we are looking for someone who excels in building and maintaining successful relationships and who can write excellent reports.
You will have an interest and understanding of map reading. Experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) mapping software would be desirable, although not essential as training will be provided.
If you are passionate about sustainability and like the idea of working in a small team where you can make a big impact, this is the role for you.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 21 August 2022.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week of 30 August 2022.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: