About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for somebody with project management and delivery experience to lead our vibrant and motivated urban design project team.
In your role as Principal Urban Designer, you will lead and provide quality assurance on a diverse range of street design projects.
Our projects range from the design and implementation of temporary interventions to the development of ambitious concepts and detailed designs for neighbourhoods, schools and urban streets, all helping us to achieve our vision of a society where the way we travel creates healthier places, and happier lives, for everyone.
We are looking for a creative individual with experience of working on a diverse and complex range of design projects considering active travel.
You will be someone with a practical competency in Adobe Design Suite and CAD.
You'll have knowledge of current best practice in urban design and place-making and the retrofit of streets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team where you can make a big impact and where we value the contribution and expertise of everyone – so if this sounds like you, apply today!
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on Monday 27 September 2021. Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Monday 4 October 2021.
To apply, please complete our online application form.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: