About the role
As our Partnerships Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Strategic Partnership, Scotland. You will manage a team of embedded Senior Project Officers working within the partner local authorities and delivering in partnership with a broad range of local stakeholders to develop and deliver local active travel strategies, visions and plans.
You will work closely with colleagues to secure funding for our work, capturing and communicating the impacts of better places for people.
You will advocate for sustainable transport across the region, using your platform to influence local decision-makers through:
- engaging in policy and planning work
- leading on communications
- coordinating business development work in Scotland.
You will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people such as elected MPs, MSPs, members and others within local government, professional bodies and authorities.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans.
You should be an experienced leader, expert at developing and maintaining relationships at senior levels in a variety of sectors, such as local authority, business and industry bodies. You should have appropriate line management experience and an aptitude for colleague development.
You must have the ability to communicate authoritatively and persuasively to a range of audiences, with demonstrable experience of remote and face-to-face partnership development techniques.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, Sunday 6 February.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams from 16th February.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: