About the role
We now have an excellent opportunity for you to join the movement and help us make a real difference as our media officer.
You'll work to secure a high volume of positive media coverage that delivers on organisational objectives.
And you'll be pitching winning ideas to trade, business and national media.
Your work will help build the profile of the charity through media and communication strategies across all platforms.
We are looking for an excellent influencer who can produce inspiring copy, media statements, opinion pieces and blogs.
You will have experience of collaborating on or managing media projects to generate positive media coverage.
So, if this sounds like you, apply today and help us create compelling stories that support our vision as a trusted and influential impact-led charity; that truly demonstrate our commitment to creating healthier places and happier lives for everyone.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on 3 August 2021.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams the week beginning 16 August 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: