About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, imaginative individual to join our Partnerships team as a Marketing and Communications Officer.
This is a rewarding job in which you will work closely with internal and external partners. You'll work alongside our existing Marketing and Communications Officer, helping to build on the team’s strengths in traditional communications work (television, radio, newspapers and magazines), with a particular focus on local media.
You will also have the opportunity to lead on your own specific projects. We are open in terms of what this might look like; you'll have the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table and help us find new ways of communicating with our partners and audiences.
This role may require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within commutable distance of a local Midlands hub in Birmingham, Peterborough or Nottingham. Hybrid home working is available.
You will have experience working in a communications environment, with the ability to write and edit engaging content for publications, press releases and websites.
Your communication skills, both oral and written, should be exemplary. You will be comfortable interacting with diverse audiences and be able to build relationships with ease.
You should have experience working with creative colleagues and agencies and applying brand and style guidelines.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of the business communications environment, including media, digital and marketing.
What your manager says
Hi, I’m Ridhi, and I’ll be the line manager for this role. I’m excited to bring someone new to the team. We’re looking for someone who can bring some creativity, interesting ideas and ways to share our work. We can support you to fill any transport knowledge gaps you have. If you would like to discuss your application or the role, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, Wednesday 15 December
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams on 6 January 2022
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
For more information contact: