About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team and promote our vision to make places more liveable for everyone – places that connect us to each other and what we need, and where everyone can thrive without having to depend on a car.
You will be partnering with local community, Plymouth authority, groups, campaign organisations, local businesses, council officers and councilors for the delivery of active travel infrastructure to make neighbourhoods as the better places for all.
You will update the progress and outcomes of the project to a variety of audiences, including funders, key partners, Plymouth council and Sustrans staff.
You will co-ordinate with National Development officers and Colleagues in promoting active travel through workshops, events, and conferences in the local community on behalf of Sustrans and Plymouth City Council.
Due to the nature of the role, a full DBS is required.
We offer true hybrid working, with a mix of working from our hub in Bristol at least 3 days a week and the opportunity for home working, with flexible hours offered to suit individual circumstances.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within commutable distance from Plymouth.
You should have experience of working with behaviour change projects and be able to lead group workshops and plan events.
You will be a skilled communicator, able to effectively engage with different audiences and influence their decisions making.
You will build relationships easily, effectively engaging, and motivating people across the Plymouth.
So, if you are a confident advocate for the benefits of walking & cycling and understand the role both have to play in making better places to live & work, apply today!
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59 4 July 2022
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week commencing 11 July 2022
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: