About the role
We now have a fantastic opportunity for you to join the movement and support us in our vision to make sure all Londoners live in a city where our streets and public spaces serve everyone.
A London where our streets are welcome places for all people to spend time, a London with reduced road danger and improved air quality.
As a Healthy Streets Officer, you will work as a delivery partner within specific London Boroughs to promote active and sustainable travel, identifying local initiatives to make it easier for people to choose to walk, cycle and use public transport instead of a car.
We have 18 Healthy Streets Officers supporting 31 London local authorities, working on behaviour change initiatives across areas such as schools, workplaces, cycle training and infrastructure.
The Healthy Streets Officers are working hard to help boroughs reach the Mayor of London’s goals for 80% of journeys in London to be made by walking, cycling or public transport and for all Londoners to achieve 20 minutes of daily active travel by 2041.
The Healthy Streets Officers focus on sharing best practice between boroughs and supporting local initiatives to help people walk and cycle more.
We are looking for driven, passionate individuals with the ability to own and influence projects, as well as plan and organise events and community activities.
You will have experience in delivering multiple projects, partnership working with community or local organisations and working with or for a local authority.
So if you are a confident advocate for the benefits of sustainable transport and understand the role it plays in making better places to live and work, apply today.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on 29 June 2021.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week commencing 5 July 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes disabled people, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
For more information contact: