About the role
In collaboration with colleagues and partners across a wide range of disciplines, you will:
- undertake field surveys
- manage sub-consultants
- prepare reports.
You'll use your expertise to help shape the design of new walking and cycling paths so that they benefit people and wildlife.
We're looking for an ecologist with significant practical experience in relevant previous roles, higher-level vocational qualification or degree in ecology or equivalent.
Your expertise will guide our approach to designing and undertaking construction and maintenance work.
In addition, you will implement ecological best practices across the organisation.
If you are passionate about health, sustainability or the environment and want to work somewhere you can make a big impact, then please get in touch.
The closing date for completed applications is 5 pm on Monday 9 August 2021.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 23 August 2021.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: