About the role
As the Sustrans Senior Project Officer, you will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people within The Highland Council and others within local government, professional bodies and authorities to deliver a transformative active travel strategy.
Your day to day duties will be advised by the Local Authority, with line management provided for you by the Partnerships Manager at Sustrans Scotland.
You will provide support in the development of the Active Travel Strategy; working across council departments and in partnership with external organisations, to consolidate cooperation amongst stakeholders and delivery partners, to identify and develop opportunities for investment in active travel.
You may also assist with research to demonstrate demand for investment in cycle infrastructure, so an understanding of research methods and the ability to analyse data is required.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects for The Highland Council on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within a commutable distance of Inverness and be able to travel to Edinburgh on occasion.
You should have experience of public engagement work and be able to build relationships with ease. You will proactively engage with affiliated agencies and local authorities, to develop and promote the Active Travel Strategy.
To be effective in this role, you should have knowledge of transport policy and strategy.
We will look for you to evidence your experience in multi partnership projects. You should be an excellent communicator to facilitate writing bids and applications for funding opportunities.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We aim to be a truly inclusive employer, and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 10 July
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams week commencing 25 July
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: