About the role
We now have a fantastic opportunity for you to use your passion for active travel at work and join our team!
You will manage school bike loan schemes for Aberdeenshire schools taking part in a pilot scheme to provide access to free bikes for children.
Working with two schools to develop and maintain fleets of bikes, and helping to run engagement events and produce materials, you will play a key part in the success of the pilot.
You'll be an excellent communicator with experience of working with children and young people as well as partnership working within a community.
You will have bike maintenance training, ideally Velotech Gold or equivalent, and an understanding of the local area in relation to cycling.
Clearance by the appropriate enhanced Disclosure Scotland check is mandatory for this role.
So, if this sounds like you, apply to join our team in Scotland today and help us get things done together.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9 am on Friday 1 October 2021. Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Thursday 21 October 2021.
To apply, please complete our online application form.
- 26 days leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working.
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Staff volunteer days.
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service.
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans.
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans.
- Discount benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Flexible Working practices (full-time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday).
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented.
Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
For more information contact: